Contradications to Air Medical Transport
- Patient in full arrest
- Terminally ill patient
- Active untreated communicable disease that would put the crew at risk.
- Uncontrollable, combative patient
- Patient of sound mind who refuses transfer
- Unstable patient, who requires a procedure (i.e. laparotomy) which could be performed at the sending centre
- Stable patient in whom another means of transport would be more appropriate
Note: These are guidelines only and any case may be reviewed with the EHS LifeFlight Medical Control Physician for advice or consideration for transport 1-800-743-1334.